Education for Health Professionals on Psychological Trauma and Trauma-informed care
Welcome! Trauma Education Essentials offers educational webinars for mental health professionals, and other health care providers, working with people who have experienced psychological trauma. We feature international experts in the field of trauma who cover a diverse array of clinically relevant topics, all delivered in a dynamic and interactive online format. Each live webinar features a question & answer period where questions from our attendees are answered by the presenter. CE credits available. We look forward to meeting you at one of our webinars!
– Colin A. Ross, MD & Dana Ross, MD, MSc, FRCPC
Receive exclusive content featuring book reviews, news items, journal article summaries and upcoming webinar info.
Upcoming Live Webinar
Psychotic symptoms, Trauma and Dissociation: Understanding the Connections
June 16, 2018: 11:00 AM - 1:00 PM Eastern Daylight Time
What is this webinar about?
In this webinar, the current understanding of the relationship between psychotic symptoms, trauma and dissociation will be explored. We will begin with a discussion of the concepts of psychosis, trauma and dissociation – clarifying points of confusion and disagreement. Then we will discuss two symptoms typically considered to be central to schizophrenia – hallucinations (primarily auditory verbal hallucinations) and delusions – both of which are significantly related to trauma and dissociation, but in different ways. Finally, we will consider the clinical implications for this, including issues of assessment, treatment and the possibility of new diagnoses blending trauma, dissociation and psychotic symptoms.
Why Should I Attend This Webinar?
Have you ever been unsure of how to understand certain symptoms in your traumatized clients and found yourself asking, 'Is this psychosis or dissociation and how to do I tease this apart?' Learn from a leading world expert about the complex interplay between psychotic symptoms, trauma and dissociation, as well as approaches to assessment and treatment. You can submit questions throughout the live webinar for the presenters to answer during their Q&A sessions.
By the end of this webinar, participants will be able to:
1. Explain why auditory verbal hallucinations (AVH) are better conceptualized as dissociative instead of psychotic in nature
2. Recognize which ‘delusions’ are common in dissociative identity disorder and why
3. Explain possible connections between trauma, memory and delusions
4. Describe at least two clinical implications of viewing psychosis, delusions or hallucinations from a trauma/dissociation perspective
Registration Fees - This is a 2 hour webinar
- Regular Registration $55 USD
- Emerging Professionals $35 USD
- Students $25 USD
- 2 CE credits (APA, NBCC) available at checkout for an additional $6 USD
- Purchase a gift card here. Our gift card is a perfect gift for a friend, family member or colleague!