Last Modified: October 15, 2017
Collection of Personal Information
To use our website and purchase products or services from us we collect your personal information including, but not limited to, your:
· Full name;
· Email address;
· IP address and other types of raw data relating to how you interact with the Website and Service, for example, your browser information and session duration; and
· All other information you provide on our Website or Service or otherwise, including as part of the purchasing process.
Where you indicate you are a student and would like to receive student related offers, we will for a copy of your student card and/or a letter signed by your educational institution or a professor confirming your status.
Please note that third-party Service Providers may have their own privacy policies on the collection and use of your information which either we or you provide them.
Credit Card and Payment Processing Companies
We may also collect credit card and payment information from you via a third party payment provider. Their additional terms of service and privacy policies may apply to the collection and use of your personal information. If you have questions regarding our payment processor, please contact us.
The Use of Your Personal Information
The collection of your personal information may also be used to:
· Facilitate the operation of the Website and Service, including providing your personal information to third party service providers such as Webinar instructors;
· Send you certificates of completion or other information related to your completion of certain webinars;
· Verify your contact information;
· Promote our Website and Service offerings to you in various forms of communication, including email;
· Support and improve the Website and Service we offer;
· Provide customer support;
· Communicate with you about your account or services we offer;
· Bill and collect money owed to us;
· Pursue available legal remedies to us and to prosecute or defend a court, arbitration or similar proceeding;
· Send or display informational and promotional materials from us, our partners, advertisers or third parties to you;
· To meet legal requirements;
· To enforce compliance with any terms and conditions and applicable law; and
· Enhance our Service offerings to you and offer you related products and services, whether by advertisements or otherwise.
IN ADDITION, WE RESERVE THE RIGHT TO PROVIDE YOUR CONTENT AND INFORMATION (INCLUDING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION) UPLOADED OR COLLECTED BY OUR WEBSITE, SERVICE OR OTHERWISE TO THIRD PARTIES IF REQUIRED BY LAW (SUCH AS IN RESPONSE TO A SUBPOENA, COURT ORDER OR OTHER LEGAL PROCESS IN ANY JURISDICTION), AND TO COOPERATE WITH LAW ENFORCEMENT AUTHORITIES IN THE INVESTIGATION OF ANY CRIMINAL OR CIVIL MATTER. IF WE ARE REQUIRED BY LAW TO MAKE ANY DISCLOSURE OF YOUR CONTENT OR PERSONAL OR BUSINESS INFORMATION, WE MAY (BUT ARE NOT OBLIGATED TO) PROVIDE YOU WITH WRITTEN NOTICE (TO THE EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW) PRIOR TO SUCH DISCLOSURE SO THAT YOU MAY TAKE APPROPRIATE ACTION.
The Disclosure of Your Personal Information and Access to It
We may share personal information to our suppliers, partners, instructors and employees to use that information in connection with one or more of the purposes for which that personal information was collected. We also operate the Websites and Service in conjunction with our independent contractors. Our independent contractors may have access to your personal information in providing services to us, or providing you with access to the Website and Service. We may use a variety of service providers, servers, advertisers or employees in locations both inside and outside of Canada, which may make your personal information the subject of foreign laws and foreign legal proceedings. We may also disclose your personal information to our successors (if our business or the Service is acquired by another legal entity) or any assignee of our assets relating to the Website and Service.
WHILE WE TAKE MEASURES TO PROTECT PERSONAL INFORMATION, YOU AGREE THAT, TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, IN NO EVENT WILL WE, OUR AFFILIATES, OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, SHAREHOLDERS, EMPLOYEES, CONTRACTORS, AGENTS, SUPPLIERS, INSTRUCTORS OR LICENSORS BE LIABLE, HOWSOEVER CAUSED, FOR THE LOSS OR THEFT OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION OR ANY DAMAGES CAUSED AS A RESULT THEREOF, SO LONG AS WE WERE NOT GROSSLY NEGLIGENT IN THE PROTECTION OF SAID INFORMATION.
Retention of Your Personal Information
We keep your personal information for as long as it is required for the purpose for which it was collected. There is no single retention period applicable to the various types of personal information collected.
Our Website and Service may place a "cookie" in the browser files of your computer. Disabling cookies on your web browser may interrupt the proper use of the Website and Service.