Last Modified: May 25, 2018
Collection of Personal Information
To use our website and purchase products or services from us, we collect your personal information including your:
· Full name;
· Email address;
· Payment and billing information (including your billing address);
· IP address and other types of raw data relating to how you interact with the Website and Service, for example, your browser information and session duration; and
· All other information you provide on our Website or Service or otherwise, including as part of the purchasing process.
Where you indicate you are a student and would like to receive student related offers, we will ask for a copy of your student card and/or a letter signed by your educational institution or a professor confirming your status.
Please note that third-party Service Providers may have their own privacy policies on the collection and use of your information which either we or you provide them.
The Use of Your Personal Information
The collection of your personal information may be used to:
· Facilitate the operation of the Website and Service, including providing your personal information to third-party service providers such as Webinar instructors;
· Send you certificates of completion or other information related to your completion of certain webinars;
· Verify your contact information;
· Promote our Website and Service offerings to you in various forms of communication, including email;
· Support and improve the Website and Service we offer;
· Provide customer support;
· Communicate with you about your account or services we offer;
· Bill and collect money owed to us;
· Pursue available legal remedies to us and to prosecute or defend a court, arbitration or similar proceeding;
· Send or display informational and promotional materials from us, our partners, advertisers or third parties to you;
· Meet legal requirements;
· Enforce compliance with any terms and conditions and applicable law; and
· Enhance our Service offerings to you and offer you related products and services, whether by advertisement, email or otherwise.
Credit Card and Payment Processors
We do not keep or have access to all the information you provide each Payment Processors including, for example, your full credit card number. However, we will have the ability to bill your payment method and access certain personal information you provide the Payment Processors, such as the name on your credit card, the address associated with the card and the credit card expiration date. For more information on the privacy practices of our Payment Processors, their respective privacy policies are accessible as follows:
· Stripe: https://stripe.com/ca/privacy;
· PayPal: https://www.paypal.com/ca/webapps/mpp/ua/privacy-full; and
IN ADDITION, WE RESERVE THE RIGHT TO PROVIDE YOUR CONTENT AND INFORMATION (INCLUDING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION) UPLOADED OR COLLECTED BY OUR WEBSITE, SERVICE OR OTHERWISE TO THIRD PARTIES IF REQUIRED BY LAW (SUCH AS IN RESPONSE TO A SUBPOENA, COURT ORDER OR OTHER LEGAL PROCESS IN ANY JURISDICTION), AND TO COOPERATE WITH LAW ENFORCEMENT AUTHORITIES IN THE INVESTIGATION OF ANY CRIMINAL OR CIVIL MATTER.
IF WE ARE REQUIRED BY LAW TO MAKE ANY DISCLOSURE OF YOUR CONTENT OR PERSONAL OR BUSINESS INFORMATION, WE MAY (BUT ARE NOT OBLIGATED TO) PROVIDE YOU WITH WRITTEN NOTICE (TO THE EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW) PRIOR TO SUCH DISCLOSURE SO THAT YOU MAY TAKE APPROPRIATE ACTION.
The Disclosure of Your Personal Information and Access to It
We may share personal information with our suppliers, partners, Payment Processors, instructors and employees to use that information in connection with one or more of the purposes for which that personal information was collected.
We also operate the Website and Service in conjunction with our independent contractors and service providers (“Providers”). Our Providers may have access to your personal information in providing services to us or providing you with access to the Website and Service. We use a variety of Providers who may have servers, staff and contractors in locations both inside and outside of Canada. This may make your personal information the subject of foreign laws and foreign legal proceedings.
· We use Squarespace, Inc. and their affiliates (including Squarespace Ireland Limited) to create and host our Website and certain online forms which may collect and store your personal information (see https://www.squarespace.com/privacy/);
· We use The Rocket Science Group LLC doing business as MailChimp for managing our email lists, email list subscriptions and sending you email updates and newsletters (see https://mailchimp.com/legal/privacy/);
· We use SurveyMonkey Inc., SurveyMonkey Europe UC, SurveyMonkey Brasil Internet Ltda. and their affiliates (collectively “SurveyMonkey”) for collecting survey responses from you. To the extent you provide us with survey responses that include your personal information, those responses are collected and stored via SurveyMonkey (see https://www.surveymonkey.com/mp/legal/privacy-policy/?ut_source=footer);
· We use Cisco Systems, Inc. who offer Webex, to host online video conferences, online collaboration technology and the ability to host course and video content (see https://www.webex.com/cisco-privacy_full-text.html);
· We use Dropbox Inc. and their affiliates for document management, incuding storing and sharing documents. In some cases, certain documents stored via Dropbox Inc. may have reference to your personal information (see https://www.dropbox.com/en_GB/privacy); and
· We use GSuite and Gmail offered by Google LLC and their affiliates to, among other things, manage and host our email (see https://gsuite.google.com/together/).
We cannot make any guarantees as to the location(s) of data stored on our behalf by the above Providers or Payment Processors.
We may also disclose your personal information to our successors (if our business or the Service is acquired by another legal entity) or any assignee of our assets relating to the Website and Service.
WHILE WE TAKE MEASURES TO PROTECT PERSONAL INFORMATION, YOU AGREE THAT, TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, IN NO EVENT WILL WE, OUR AFFILIATES, OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, SHAREHOLDERS, EMPLOYEES, CONTRACTORS, AGENTS, SUPPLIERS, INSTRUCTORS OR LICENSORS BE LIABLE, HOWSOEVER CAUSED, FOR THE LOSS OR THEFT OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION OR ANY DAMAGES CAUSED AS A RESULT THEREOF, SO LONG AS WE WERE NOT GROSSLY NEGLIGENT IN THE PROTECTION OF SAID INFORMATION.
Retention of Your Personal Information and Your Right to Be Forgotten
We keep your personal information for as long as it is required for the purpose for which it was collected. There is no single retention period applicable to the various types of personal information collected. When any personal information is no longer required for the purposes for which it was collected, we may destroy the personal information in a manner that takes into account its sensitivity.
You may also request amendments to, or the deletion of any personal information we hold in relation to your account with us. Please contact us at email@example.com if you wish to inquire about amending or deleting any personal information.
European General Data Protection Regulation
Our privacy practices intend to meet the requirements of the General Data Protection Regulation of the European Union (“GDPR”). As a company that may process the personal information of persons who reside in or are citizens of the European Union (a “European person”), we have implemented appropriate technical and organizational measures to meet the GDPR’s requirements and protect European persons personal information. Our technical measures to protect personal information take into account current technology available and the costs of implementing that technology in addition to the nature, scope, context and purposes of the personal information collected and processed. If you have any questions about our technical and organizational measures to meet the GDPR requirements, please contact us.
To the extent you provide us with, or, have our Service process any personal information of a European person, you further represent that you have obtained informed consent to transfer their information, internationally, to us. If such consent is subsequently revoked, you agree to inform us immediately.
Our Website and Service may place a "cookie" in the browser files of your computer. Disabling cookies on your web browser may interrupt the proper use of the Website and Service.